Search (by artist, title, index or by star rating - e.g. "[*]")

Friday, September 27, 2013

#0004: Louis Prima - The Wildest! (1956) [****]

Y'see this goes back to what I was saying about that Sinatra album.  You can play it slow without killing it.

One of the best things about this glorious, old school jump jive record is that it features a tune called Night Train.  I have known this track for years and never known its title.  In Back To The Future during the Enchantment Under The Sea dance, it is Night Train that the band are playing.  They do it a bit quicker than Louis Prima on this collection (released what might well be a year to the day after the BTTF's key date, November 12th 1955) so it took me a while to place it.

Just A Gigolo opens the album and I'm sure I've heard this used on an advert for some men's hygiene product or other.  The fun and high jinks tone set by this tune is maintained throughout and for those who don't really like jazz, this is accessible enough for you to cut your teeth on.


1 comment:

  1. Yes, this was the first album in the list that truly got my attention :)

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are like arseholes. They're never wrong. But I'd rather you express one than be the other :-)