Search (by artist, title, index or by star rating - e.g. "[*]")

Saturday, November 09, 2013

#0025: Elvis Presley - Elvis Is Back [*]

When did Elvis really lose it?  Was it the later years in Vegas?  Or was it when he came back from the Army and trundled out this crock of shit?  There is no evidence of the vivacity we saw in the 50s.  The backing vocals do their best to fill gaps in his lacklustre mewling but it's a lost cause.  The songs are just not good enough.

He bought himself a nice reputation in the army and came back a hero, a smart way of ensuring this record would do well.  I'm not going to change any minds about this overrated, flaccid demigod and I don't need to flex my foil to whip up a handful of insults to go with those I've already dispensed.

It sucks.  You may disagree.  Let's move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinions are like arseholes. They're never wrong. But I'd rather you express one than be the other :-)