Search (by artist, title, index or by star rating - e.g. "[*]")

Monday, October 28, 2013

#0015: Tito Puente - Dance Mania Vol. 1 [*]

I feel like I should be sat in a tapas restaurant, squinting at the menu in the dim light.  I'm not entirely sure but I'm fairly confident I have heard this before, perhaps in La Tasca.  There are too many naked flames and wooden furniture in that restaurant to be playing this sort of thing to hungry people.

The entrance of the marimba almost half way through provides long overdue reprieve from the sun-crazed, harsh trumpets but then it's back to the blaring brass.

I have been known to say that tapas is aptly named cuz it turns your ass into a tap.  But now I'm thinking it may not have been the food that turned my stomach.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god! When will it EVER END?!?! This album has been playing for approximately 300 years. And it's only 10am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somebody told me there were only two tracks left. I may have assumed that included the one playing at the time. Pah. And harrumph. This is truly painful.
    Seriously? Are you kidding me? Did they have hidden tracks in 1957? This is at least four more tracks than I was led to believe! Bloody maracas, they can sod off. Too bloody cheerful for a Monday morning.

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are like arseholes. They're never wrong. But I'd rather you express one than be the other :-)